News: Two weeks until everyone needs a bigger flash memory card in Japan.
While U.S. gamers won't be able to play downloadable games on their Wii until May 12, our Japanese friends will begin enjoying them two weeks from today. Nintendo has announced that WiiWare will launch on March 25, 2008 in that country and has revealed nine of the games that will debut with the service.
Because six of the nine are listed in Japanese, we couldn't tell what most of them were (and couldn't tell what anything said on that page besides ?WiiWare? and ?2008.3.25 Start?). Thankfully, Game|Life translated the names of the downloadable games along with the cost of each:
1. Okiraku Ping-Pong Wii (Arc System Works, 500 points)
2. Word Puzzle Mojipittan Wii (Bandai Namco, 1000 points)
3. Sakusaku Animal Panic (Konami, 1000 points)
4. Star Soldier R (Hudson, 800 points)
5. My Life As A King: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (Square Enix, 1500 points)
6. Angel's Solitaire (G-Mode, 500 points)
7. Dr. Mario & Bacillus Extermination (Nintendo, 1000 points)
8. Everybody's Pokemon Ranch (Nintendo, 1000 points)
9. Lonpos (Genki, 1000 points)
Be sure to check out Game|Life
for some insightful descriptions of the nine soon-to-be-released (in Japan, anyway) WiiWare games.